Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm baaack

It's been a long time since I've blogged - anywhere - and I'm really sorry. Life has been busy! I think I shared earlier that I'm involved in a movie project. I also started a new job late in 2009 and that has sucked up so much of my time (extended each work day by an hour...amazing how that can drain you). I'm going to try to post here a little more regularly now (crossing fingers).
I'm working on a Halloween-themed birthday party for myself. It's my 45th and I'm really just wanting a party. And why not have my favorite theme? I'm only sorry that I had to keep the guest list small.

News for today: We picked up a couple of the Wilton Brownie Pop molds today and I'm going to give them a go tomorrow for an event we're attending next week. They won't be Halloween-themed, but will be a good trial run for later. I found a handful of fun, seasonal decorating ideas:
I definitely want to make the ghost pop pictured here (pic snagged from the Wilton site), but would probably try to use the food-safe markers rather than piping on black icing.

Tomorrow, they'll just be brownies, some plain, some dipped in a bit of melted icing and sprinkles, something like the ones on this page. I promise to come back with pics. (I have so many ideas swimming that I'm afraid I'll get overwhelmed instead of sharing them!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails