Friday, July 23, 2010

Show and Tell: Witch Hat

Eventually, I'm going to run out of stuff at my house to post about and will have to start searching the web for things to share. But it's summer and hey, I've got stuff of my own to show off. Every once in a while, I plan to post an image (with details if available) - evidence of how Halloween is always around, somewhere, in my house.

It makes me a little sad that I can't wear this more often. Truth is, it's a little snug on my big 'ole noggin. And there is really no call for a suede witch's hat most of the time. So this darling bonnet resides atop an old clock in our library (brought down for pictures).

Hat source: Broom Rider from Blonde Swan.
My new hat - decoratedI've had this for a few years; here's a picture of me wearing it several summers ago. My best friend got the black one, and I didn't want to look too much like a copycat, so I went with this one. I added the ribbon band because the unrelenting beige wasn't really to my taste.

That little bouquet of vintage buttons (and spool) that I made is around somewhere...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails